July 20, 2021
We are pleased to invite requests for funding proposals for the Small Grants Program from Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Community-based Organizations (CBO). Please refer to the following guideline for more details on the small grant.
Guideline for Small Grants Program 2021
I. About Bhutan Foundation
The Bhutan Foundation is a US-based non-profit organization. We work to serve the people of Bhutan in living and sharing the principle of Gross National Happiness.
The Foundation supports efforts to build Bhutanese capacity under the four pillars of Gross National Happiness through training and access to global expertise, new technologies, and resources. We help build exceptional international partnerships to achieve sustainable, lasting results in Bhutan.
II. Grant Description
a. What is the Small Grants Program?
The Small Grant program of the Foundation is to:
- Respond to emerging and critical needs, supporting partners’ changing and dynamic environments.
- Leverage new knowledge, expand the network, and enhance partnership with CSOs and CBOs
- Supplement and consolidate our ongoing efforts.
Bhutan Foundation invites all Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Community-based Organizations (CBOs) to submit funding proposals for our Small Grants program.
c. Announcement Date: 20 July 2021
d. Deadline: 30 July 2021
e. Grant Size: Up to USD 15,000 (Fifteen Thousand Dollars only)
III. Priority Areas
Grants in the following priority areas will be supported.
- Priority Area 1: Enhancing Food Security and Access to Market.
- Priority Area 2: Reducing COVID impact on Vulnerable groups.
- Priority Area 3: Youth-led social enterprise development.
With special attention to cross-cutting themes:
- Gender and Social Inclusion
- Environment sustainability
- Technology and innovation
- Employment generation
IV. Award Information
Applicants can apply for a grant amount up to USD 15,000 in equivalent local currency.
V. Implementation Period
The implementation period for grants should not be shorter than 18 months.
VI. Application and submission information
Applicants must complete and submit the following forms:
Proposal: Applicants must prepare a concept proposal using the template provided in Annex 1.
Budget Estimate: Applicants must present a budget total and breakdown in the budget template available in Annex 2.
VII. Funding Restriction
- Heavy infrastructure development will not be supported. (Example: Construction, heavy machine, and equipment)
- Staff training of grant recipients will not be supported.
- Operating and Management costs of only up to 10% of the grant shall be supported.
- The procurement of vehicles and office equipment will not be supported.
Pre-award costs and retroactive payments are not allowable expenses under this grant.
VIII. Application review information
Once the Foundation approves the concept proposal for funding, we will ask the proponent to develop the detailed project in consultation with Bhutan Foundation. We will announce the grant award on Bhutan Foundation’s website and social media platforms.
IX. Contact Details
For more information, contact us at +975 2 322 751/335 613 or email us at email@example.com.