December 12, 2022
- Position: Senior Program Officer
- Duty Station: Thimphu, Bhutan
- Probation Period: Three Months
- Reporting Line: Director
- Duty Station: Thimphu, Bhutan
II. Terms of Reference
The Senior Program Officer will work under the supervision of the Director of the Bhutan foundation office, Thimphu. The Senior Program Officer is responsible for coordinating, planning, and developing program activities in Social Sector (Special Education and Health) that aligns with the Bhutan Foundation’s strategic goal and must undertake any other responsibility that the management may assign, including field work and fundraising efforts of the organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
i. Program, Project Development and Management
- Formulation and development of projects/programs in the field of social sector (special education and health) in collaboration with partners that align with the organization’s goals and the development context of the country.
- Carry out situation and context analysis through research and data in the sector to inform project design, program strategy, and plans.
- Review grant proposals from partners on soundness of project design, adequacy, sustainability to recommend for grant support to management.
- Provide technical and operational support to ensure harmonization of projects/programs with the Foundation’s strategy, objectives and across other projects/programs
- Ensure implementation of projects/programs are in line with goals and objectives and in compliances to the grant guidelines/due diligences through periodic monitoring.
- Actively participate in any partners or stakeholder consultations meetings/workshops or forums to better inform the projects/programs
- Help management set priorities, strategies, design, and provide technical and operational support for the implementation of plans.
ii. Monitoring, Reporting and Evaluation
- Carry out periodic field visits to project sites and interaction with partners to monitor progress, evaluate results and impacts, and resolve implementation issues
- Review and ensure timely project/program reporting/ updates as per donor requirements, including preparation of program documentation, briefs, and other resources.
- Monitor and verify implementation in accordance with and in compliance with the grant guidelines/procedures/agreements and financial due diligence.
- Carry out periodic assessments or evaluations of projects/programs to advise the management on strategic direction and project design and identify emerging opportunities.
iii. Communication and Outreach
- Develop content for all Bhutan Foundation publications and publicity/advocacy materials such as Annual reports, newsletters, e-newsletters, articles, and brochures.
- Collect, collate, and provide necessary information for communications to update the Foundation’s website and social media sites regularly.
- Compilation of information and materials for external outreach and fund-raising activities, such as audio-visual presentations on the Foundation’s programs and materials for special events.
iv. Networking and Partnerships
- Build and nurture partnerships with relevant government and other project partners through active networking and engagement.
- Interact and network with potential donors and promote the Foundation’s work with donors or potential partners.
- Carryout stakeholder consultation and networking events to bring synergy and collaboration for desirable project/program outcomes and to address cross sectoral issues.
- Represent the Foundation at meetings, official functions, and work-related events where necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of studies such as Development Studies or equivalent work experiences.
- Experience in international development, public policy, project management, or related field.
- Has at least five years of experience in project/program management and sound understanding and application of Project Cycle Management (PCM) and Result Based Planning and Monitoring (RBM).
- Technical competencies/ such as an understanding of special education policies, sector development context and project management experience in Special Education projects/programs, will be preferred.
viii. Salary and Benefits
- Salary is negotiable based on experience.
- Salary benefits include Provident Fund, Health Benefits, Gratuity, and others per the organization’s service rule.
ix. Personal Qualities
The Senior Program Officer must:
- Be able to work independently, and under pressure to meet deadlines and commitments.
- Be able to prioritize effectively and work accurately under time constraints, using initiative, judgment, and high-level administrative and organizational skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communications skills and must enjoy facilitating the work of others.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com on or before January 5th, 2023.
Note: This opening is only for Bhutanese nationals.