August 13, 2022
Position: Senior Program Officer
Duty Station: Thimphu, Bhutan
Probation Period: Three Months
Reporting Line: Director
Duty Station: Thimphu, Bhutan
Terms of Reference
The Senior Program Officer will work under the supervision of the Director of the Bhutan foundation office, Thimphu. S/he is responsible for coordinating, planning, and developing program activities that align with the Bhutan Foundation’s strategic goal. S/he must undertake any other responsibility that the management may assign, including promotion and fundraising efforts of the organization.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Program/Project Development, Monitoring, and Evaluation
- Develop a proposal for a potential environmental and sustainable livelihood program in collaboration with relevant partners.
- Review proposals from the partners for soundness of project design, adequacy, and sustainability and recommend the program to management.
- Ensure all outcomes achieved through the implementation of programs are in line with program goals and subsequently in line with Foundation’s strategic short and long-term goals.
- Initiate site visits to projects supported by the Foundation and potential project sites for the development of the new proposal.
- Compile progress reports and financial reports for projects supported by the Foundation and verify bills and financial reports in consultation with Senior Finance Officer
- Monitor program implementation and recommend adjustments and appropriations to achieve desirable goals.
- Coordinate and ensure all expenses as per the approved project budget and verify all claims relating to the project expenses.
- Keep management and other colleagues informed and updated on matters relating to project activities assigned to S/he.
- Coordinate with implementing partners and submits timely progress reports and final reports to donors or partners
- Ensure all reports are prepared according to the standard format approved by the management or donors.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Ensure regular monitoring of project activities against agreed outputs in consultation with the Director and Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Monitor project activities regularly and provide strategic direction to implementing partners where necessary to achieve the desired outcome.
Publication and outreach
- Develop content for all Bhutan Foundation publications and publicity materials such as Annual reports, newsletters, e-newsletters, and brochures
- Collect, compile, and provide necessary information for communications to update the Foundation’s website and social media sites regularly.
Fundraising and events
- Compilation of information and materials for external outreach and fund-raising activities such as audio-visual presentations on the Foundation’s programs and materials for special events
- Assist in planning and implementation of the Foundation’s outreach programs
- Meet potential donors and Promote the Foundations Programs
- Represent the Foundation at meetings, official functions, and work-related events where necessary
Bachelor’s degree in the relevant field of study (administration, business, liberal arts, science). Preferable with a degree in environmental science
- Experience in international development, public policy, nonprofit management, or related field preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in English
- Working knowledge of computer software, including Microsoft Office, publishers, and other data analysis software.
- Has at least 5-year experience in project/program management and sound understanding and application of Project Cycle Management (PCM)
Salary and Benefits
- Salary is negotiable based on experience
- Salary benefits include Provident Fund, Health Benefit, Gratuity and others as per the organization’s Personnel handbook.
The Senior Program Officer must operate independently, under pressure to meet deadlines and commitments. S/he should also be able to prioritize effectively and work accurately under time constraints, using initiative, judgment, and high-level administrative and organizational skills. The Senior Program Officer should have excellent interpersonal and communications skills and must enjoy facilitating the work of others.
TO APPLY, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org