April 6, 2022
Full Job Description
I. Program Overview:
Wangduechhoeling Palace Project
The Bhutan Foundation in collaboration with the Department of Culture, MoHCA, has been carrying out the project on – Restoration and Adaptation of the Wangduechhoeling Palace in the Bumthang District. With the restoration work completed, the project has entered its crucial stage of establishing the Palace as a vibrant Cultural Center with a Museum housed in it.
II. Job Specification:
Location of Job: Bumthang at the project site, requiring frequent travel to Thimphu and other districts.
Duration: 10-12 months, with possible extension depending on the duration of the project and later to be regularized under the Wangduechhoeling Palace once it is operational.
Pay package: Negotiated pay as per experience.
Experience and Qualification: Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience in Museology/ Curatorial/Conservation will be preferred.
Languages/Skills: Excellent written and communication skills in both English and Dzongkha
The Curator will work in close coordination with the Museum team which includes both national and international experts. The Curator will report to the Bhutan Foundation for the period of the project. The main responsibilities of the Curator include:
- Work as a team to assist the project with in-depth research and analysis to write the curatorial narratives for the Museum
- Conduct research and documentation of the Palace collection
- Coordinate with donors (local & international) for exploring & acquisition of objects as per the gallery plans
- Carryout in depth research and present to the acquisition committee the selection & valuation of objects
- Participate/ coordinate the preservation and restoration of objects as necessary to be ready for exhibition
- Coordinate with vendors & museum team for the supply/production of exhibition display cases & storage units
- Assist the Museum team in the exhibition design, coordinate production & installation of display cases and artifacts.
- Ensure proper receipt, documentation, and storage, of the objects and digitization of documentation
- Coordinate the development & institution of systems and guidelines to manage the museum collection or other systems required for the operation of the Museum
- Assist the Museum team in research and development of digital and multimedia contents
- Explore & identify local artisans and craftsman for the commissioning of art/ crafts work
- Coordinate & supervise the production and installation of Museum signages
- Participate and contribute to all aspects of the project including meetings and forums
- Any other task assigned by the Bhutan Foundation Management related to the project.
IV. How to Apply?:
Interested individuals are invited to apply for the above position with an application addressed to the Director, Bhutan Foundation along with your CV and related transcripts. The documents can be submitted either as hard copies or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than April 30th, 2022, during business hours. For further inquiries kindly write to us or call 02 322751 during office hours (0900-1700).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a written test and interview. Submission of additional documents as necessary will be requested from shortlisted candidates.