February 1, 2022
This is a full-time salaried position based in Washington DC.
The Bhutan Foundation seeks a Development Associate/Officer whose responsibilities include supporting donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship to raise funds for projects in the Himalayan nation of Bhutan.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure all donors are properly receipted for their contributions including donations made in honor or memory of others, as well as in-kind donations.
• Make sure all donations are deposited into the Bhutan Foundation bank accounts in an appropriate and timely manner (within 5 business days of receipt).
• Record all donations in a deposit report to be shared weekly with senior management, and monthly with the accountant.
• Make sure all donations, deposit records, and donor correspondence are scanned, filed in the digital donor folders (Dropbox), and entered into the donor database (DonorPerfect).
Donor data management and fundraising:
• Generate donor mailing list for year-end mailing, spring mailing, annual report mailings, and events for the Foundation.
• Donor research of prospective individuals, foundations, and governments.
• Document meetings, calls, and visits with donors, prospects, and institutional partners.
• Draft donor communications including acknowledgments, thank you letters, and other correspondence.
• Supporting role in live and online events presented for donors, prospective donors, partners, and friends of the Foundation.
• Work with communications officer and develop content for donor-related mailings such as the annual report, spring update, e-newsletters, and social media posts.
• Develop proposals, reports, and information for donors.
• Follow up on donor communications in collaboration with the Executive Director and the Director of Partnerships and Philanthropy.
• Help organize and plan donor visits in the US and donor trips to Bhutan.
• Assist with all fundraising activities.
• Responsible for checking and responding to all general Bhutan Foundation emails.
• Pick up incoming and outgoing Bhutan Foundation mail and ensure all incoming mail is distributed to the appropriate recipients.
• Procurement of office supplies and monitor office inventory.
• Plan and book travel and accommodations for staff and guests, including meetings.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree
• Work Experience: Minimum three years experience working in nonprofit fundraising or in another role with demonstrably transferrable skills and experiences.
• Required Skills: Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with fluency in English. Must be detail-oriented. Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. Knowledge and experience using donor management CRM software such as DonorPerfect, Raiser’s Edge or similar is desirable.
• Personal Qualities: The Development Associate must operate with independence, under pressure to meet deadlines and commitments. S/he should also have the flexibility and willingness to take on a variety of tasks – at times on short notice – that is necessary as part of a small and nimble team.
- Must have a valid work permit as a current resident in the United States.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover page, resume, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org