July 20, 2022
The Bhutan Foundation Communications Officer is responsible to plan, produce, and oversee the execution of marketing and communication strategies including media, promotions, website, and all communication materials. This includes developing and publishing materials to deliver the organization’s message to donors and the public. The Communications Officer will also oversee and assist with the organization and coordination of conferences, meetings, seminars, and events that promote awareness of Bhutan and the Bhutan Foundation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing and Communications:
• Manage the development, production, and distribution of promotional materials for the Foundation, such as annual report, annual update, e-newsletters, brochures etc.
• Manage the Foundation’s website and social media communications (instagram, twitter, Facebook, YouTube, vimeo, etc).
• Develop, produce, and run marketing campaigns for online fundraising.
• Write and distribute press releases and other media communications.
• Be responsible for ensuring accuracy in information and proofreading.
• Analyze marketing and communications programs and make recommendations to adjust strategy and tactics to increase effectiveness.
Events and Programs:
• Coordinate and run both online (virtual) and in-person events hosted by the Foundation
• Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
• Coordinate on-site arrangements for all events and meetings: event space, vendors, food and beverage, audiovisual equipment, décor, etc.
• Prepare invitations, guest lists, name tags, gift bags, seating cards, and other event materials.
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
• Education–Bachelor’s Degree required. Desired course of study: marketing, communications, event planning, or relevant field
• Minimum 2 year’s experience;
• Ability to use DonorPerfect, constant contact (or similar software) to create and send emails, newsletters, etc.
• Ability to use wordpress (or similar website management system)
• Graphic design abilities: Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, piktochart etc.
• Computer proficiency: word-processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently while maintaining effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, donors, media contacts, and the general public;
• Enthusiasm for the mission of the Bhutan Foundation.
TO APPLY Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org