April 14, 2022
In partnership with various international organizations, the Bhutan Foundation supported the Climate Series titled “Raising Climate Ambition: Voices from Bhutan.” The five-part climate series was hosted from May to October 2021, coinciding with important international dates such as the International Day for Biological Diversity, World Environment Day, International Youth Day, and the Asia Pacific Climate Week. It aimed to promote dialogue and raise awareness on climate change in Bhutan and collect voices from Bhutan to influence the global discourse on climate change. The series engaged governmental and non-governmental sectors, students and educators, climate advocates and practitioners, and private players within the climate arena.
Important documents were launched during the event.
- Roadmap and Strategy for Strengthening Climate Change Research in Bhutan
- Gender and Climate change in Bhutan
- Bhutan’s Second Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs)
- Low Emission Development Strategies (LEDS) for Food Security, Human Settlement and Surface Transport and Industries.
- Upgraded National Clearing House Mechanism (CHM) Under the Convention on Biological Diversity